Daily Archives: January 13, 2015
I read this letter written to celebrate her grandson 16th birthday. I resonated so deep with me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Carol A. Hand
My dearest grandson, it seems only a short time ago when I first held you in my arms after your birth on a snowy, stormy January day sixteen years ago. Sixteen! How the years have flown by!
Photo Credit: Aadi and Ahma – Thanksgiving 2014
I wanted to write a special poem, or share the old story that you asked to me to recite thousands of times when your were little, The ‘Tinky Bush Story, but I won’t embarrass you by posting it today. I pondered what I could give you that would let you know how deeply I love you. Oddly, the words that came were something I needed to write in response to survey from our Congressional Representative, Rick Nolan. I know it’s a strange gift. But it’s what I can do today to give you the most important gift I can imagine –…
View original post 611 more words
I found this article on http://www.lahealthyliving.com/natural-remedies-remedies/20-unbelievable-reasons-to-start-your-day-with-water-and-lemon/
20 Unbelievable Reasons To Start Your Day With Water and Lemon
- Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
- Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
- Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
- Water with Lemon helps fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
- Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
- Water with lemon is indispensable for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
- Water with lemon aids in proper functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Depression and anxiety are often the result of low levels of potassium in the blood. The nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to ensure sustainable signals to the heart.
- Water with lemon cleanses blood, blood vessels and arteries.
- Water with lemon can help lower blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
- Water with lemon creates an alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink it immediately before a meal, it can help your body maintain a higher level of pH. The higher the pH, the more your body is able to fight diseases.
- Water with lemon is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon, improves our skin by rejuvenating the body. Drinking water with lemon regularly (every morning) will improve the condition of your skin.
- Water with lemon helps to dilute uric acid, the built up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
- Water with lemon is beneficial for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, it acts as an adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Furthermore, vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. At the same time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of water with lemon helps forming cells of the brain and nervous system of the baby.
- Water with lemon relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
- Water with lemon helps dissolve gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.
- Water with lemon helps with weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
- Water with lemon helps with tooth pain and gingivitis.
- Water with lemon prevents cancer. This is due to the fact that lemons are a highly alkaline food. Multiple studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
How and when to drink water with lemon:
For this purpose, use warm purified or spring water. Take half a Cup of warm water without sugar and squeeze in there at least half of lemon or lime. Better to use a special juicer (to get the most juice with minimal effort). You can also use lemon essential oil. (where to find)
You need to drink water with lemon first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Some recommend a drink of water one hour before meals for maximum results.
So, when life gives you a bunch of lemons, make water with lemons.
One pot dish, chicken and brown rice. I want to try this.Easy no fuss no mess dish.
As most of you know, both of us love to cook. However, the one thing that we don’t look forward to doing is the dishes – especially on a busy week night.
As the new year continues many of our followers are eating healthier and more often at home, so we thought it would be a good time to bring out an easy, one pot, chicken and rice recipe. The classic combination of chicken, rice and vegetables makes this dish a go to, comfort food classic. Just add your desired seasonings and you have a customized meal.
Best part of all-there is only one dish to clean, and a major plus-it only costs a few dollars to feed a family of four!
Chicken and Brown Rice – One Pot Dish Recipe
View original post 282 more words