Daily Archives: December 28, 2015
I am still struggling with baking bread. I am determined not to give up. I plan to try making another sourdough starter. I found this recipe which sound easier than the one I had before. It takes less ingredients to feed it each week.
Garlic Chicken yum!
Garlic has been used for many purposes other than food, throughout history.
- Homer mentions garlic in his famous Odyssey, saying that the deity Hermes, gave garlic to Odysseus as a protection against the goddess Circe‘s evil sorcery in which she turned men to swine.
- During the Roman Empire garlic was a symbol of the common people, since no noble would debase himself by smelling of garlic.
- Unfaithful Egyptian husbands relied on garlic’s unique “scented” properties, as they would chew a clove or two on their way home from visiting their mistresses, ensuring that a jealous wife would be unable to detect any stranger’s perfume.
- At the peak of Egypt’s power over 4,00 years ago, garlic was given to the laborers and slaves who were building the great pyramids in order to increase their stamina and strength.
- Modern day Germany and Czechoslovakia both have an old Proverb that says, “A bite from…
View original post 526 more words