Daily Archives: September 23, 2015

Our best corn crop ever!!!


Despite the strange unpredictable summer weather, we had a great corn crop.  We have had 2 almost 3 weeks of torrential rains and flooding. Farmers in our area have lost crops. Roads washed  out…. This weekend we had a break in the weather. We did not know how long the sunshine would last . We dressed warm and hurried outside and harvested the corn. We could see that the rain made mildew damage on the outer leaves of the cobs. We worked together in an assembly line ankle-deep in mud and water. The dogs were treated with the smallest cobs, which they devoured.  Hubby pulled the stalks and I shucked the corn. We composted everything else.

When we finished at the end of the day, we had 78 plus pristine ears of corn. We froze them. We had about that many ears of corn that were white kernels not yellow (not fully matured). We had corn cobs that had blotches of kernels on them. I made cream of corn with them. I have had cream of corn in the US before, but not in Sweden. I decided to try to make it myself. I love using it in corn bread recipe (American recipe), because it makes the bread so moist. It was a wonderful fall day. We marveled over the success of our crop.


I cut the kernels off the cobs with a knife. I put 70% of them in the food processor to finely chop them up. I put the other 30 percent and mixed them up in a pan together. I put butter, cream and turkish yoghurt in it. I seasoned it with salt and garlic to taste. I cooked them on a low setting.  I let it cool and placed it in plastic ziplock bags in the freezer.

Korean ski Olympics destroy 500 year old forest

Source: Korean ski Olympics destroy 500 year old forest


Indigenous Issues and Resistance

Crafting My Retirement

A Journey of Rediscovery

Princess Sassy Pants & Co.™

Just breathe...And trust that you are right where you need to be.

Tallbloke's Talkshop

Cutting edge science you can dice with

Life in the Boomer Lane

Musings of a former hula hoop champion


Primary Hyperparathyroid Disease - Raising awareness and advocating for improvement in diagnosis and standards for surgical treatment.

Bee Kinder

Be Kind To Our Native Bees

How to Provide

for your family


A great WordPress.com site


Peoplecare and beyond

The Most Revolutionary Act

Uncensored updates on world events, economics, the environment and medicine

Wobbly Warrior's Blog

Just another WordPress.com site


Random thoughts, topics, and philosophy

Voices from the Margins

A welcoming space for resistance to the forces of oppression and hegemony.